The Coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, was declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11, 2020. We want to reassure our clients and brokers that we are still open for business and our Sales and Support Services teams are ready for any questions or concerns that you may have, whether it is related to Coronavirus or not.
It’s important to keep in mind these safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic to reduce the risk of spreading/contracting the virus.
- Adhere to any local, municipal, or government regulations during this time.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently. If you have to go out, be sure to wash your hands when you get home.
- Stay at home as much as possible. If it’s necessary for you to go out, stay at least two meters away from other individuals.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough or sneeze into your arm.
- When making purchases, use contactless payment methods such as tap on credit or debit cards.
- Avoid gathering in groups.
Social Distancing Activities
We hope that everyone is staying safe and practicing social distancing during these trying times. Here are some activities you can enjoy while social distancing in the coming times.
- Home workouts: Making use of the time spent indoors doing home workouts can give you the opportunity to work towards creating a healthier lifestyle. Many home workouts don’t require equipment and can be readily accessible through your smartphone or mobile device. Give yoga, stretching, or even a dance lesson a try! There are so many options with home workouts that you’ll likely find one that suits you.
- Gardening: If you’ve never given gardening a chance, maybe now is the time to try it. There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing your hard work pay off as your garden starts to bloom. If you have limited space or don’t have a garden of your own, consider small potted plants for your patio or window sill.
- Reading: Read that book you’ve been meaning to read! It will help you pass time and stimulate your mind. Always wanted to learn about a specific topic, find a book to teach you. Want to escape this world, read a fantasy. There is a book genre out there for everyone. Have little kids? Keep them stimulated and learning by reading a book with them each day. Books can easily be found online and through delivery services.
- Video chatting: Do you miss seeing friends and family? Video call your friends and family regularly and check-in on how they’re doing. You can get creative and have virtual parties and games nights though video chat or available apps for your mobile devices.
For more information regarding COVID-19 and Travelance, visit our COVID-19 Updates and Notices Webpage.
Visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Outbreak Update Webpage for further information and updates.
If you have any questions regarding Travelance or how COVID-19 affects your policy, contact our Support Services Team at email@example.com or 1-855-566-8555.