Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notices and Updates
As we work to monitor the industry and the Coronavirus (COVID-19), updates and notices will be posted here. For any questions, please contact the Support Services Team at 1-855-566-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 18, 2020 Notice
- March 12, 2020 Notice
- March 10, 2020 Notice
- March 2, 2020 Notice
- February 11, 2020 Notice
For information on social distancing safety, and activities during these times, read our blog post ‘COVID-19 & Travelance’.
FAQs – Visitors to Canada
- Emergency medical coverage is available up to the plan limit purchased provided the insured is eligible to purchase the coverage and showed no symptoms related to COVID-19 prior to the start date of the insurance.
- If an insured is seeking emergency medical treatment and as part of the diagnostic plan a physician orders a COVID-19 test, then this test would be covered under the emergency medical benefit for covered claims. COVID-19 testing outside of an emergency medical situation is not covered, which includes tests being requested or performed to rule-out the virus as part of a screening process.
- For those individuals who have already purchased a Travelance Visitors to Canada policy and their start date is in the future, they have the option to change their dates or request a policy refund. Administration fees may apply.
- Yes, however, please note the applicable waiting periods as outlined in the policy.
- The dates on the policy can be changed or a refund can be requested. Administration fees may apply.
- We encourage individuals to follow Government Public Health and Travel Advisories for the most up to date information. Some government websites include: