Visitors to Canada Emergency Medical Insurance (VTC)
Our visitors to Canada plans are eligible as super visa insurance when purchased according to Canadian government requirements!
Choose from two plans:
- The Essential Plan is an option for visitors who are in good health, are not taking any medication, and require a low cost plan.
- The Premier Plan is our recommended plan, for visitors who want additional and upgraded benefits, and those with one or more pre-existing condition(s) (some conditions apply).
Compare Our Two Visitors to Canada Emergency Medical Insurance Plans
|Maximum Duration||558 Days||558 Days|
|Family Rate||2x Eldest’s Rate||2x Eldest’s Rate|
|Emergency Medical*||$25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $150,000 (Depends on plan limit chosen)||$25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $150,000 (Depends on plan limit chosen)|
|Hospitalization||Included (Semi-Private)||Included (Semi-Private)|
|Services of Physician, Surgeon, In-Hospital Nurse||Included||Included|
|Diagnostic, Laboratory & X-Rays||Included||Included|
|Therapeutic Equipment Rental & Purchase||Included||Included|
|Prescription Medications||30 day supply, up to $1,000 per occurrence||30 day supply, up to $10,000 per occurrence|
|Emergency Return Home||Included||Included|
|Emergency Dental*||Injury $2,000
Non-Injury Pain $300
Non-Injury Pain $500
|Repatriation of Remains||$10,000||$16,000|
|Cremation/Burial At Destination||$4,000||$6,000|
|Identification of Remains||Round-Trip Airfare + $450 Expenses||Round-Trip Airfare + $450 Expenses|
|Follow-Up Visits||One visit, up to $1,000||Three visits, up to $3,000|
|Emergency Paramedical Services||Not Included||$500 per category of Practitioner|
|Visit to Bedside||Not Included||Airfare $3,000 + $1,000 Expenses|
|Accommodations & Meals||Not Included||$150/Day, Maximum $1,500|
|Return/Escort of Dependent Children||Not Included||$3,000|
|Incidental Hospital Expenses (e.g. Television)||Not Included||$250|
|Return of Baggage & Personal Effects||Not Included||$500|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||Not Included||Up to the plan limit chosen to a maximum of $100,000|
|Coverage for Pre-existing Conditions||Not Included||Available for some conditions, for visitors up to age 79|
|Coverage for Side Trips||Included||Included|
|Deductible Options||$250 (-10%)
|Waived Deductible||First $250 of deductible waived when hospitalized for 72 consecutive hours||First $1,000 of deductible waived when hospitalized for 72 consecutive hours|
*Coverage under this plan is only for emergencies and does not include routine check-ups. For the definition of ‘emergency’, please review the ‘definitions’ section of the policy wording.
This is a brief description of coverage. Please see policy wording for complete benefits, definitions, exclusions, limitation, terms and conditions.
Underwritten by Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada.
Who can buy?
- For Ages: 15 days to 85 years
- Those eligible as per the policy wording
- Duration: 7 days to 18 months
- Plans are supported by 24/7 worldwide multilingual travel assistance
- Coverage begins once the insured leaves the borders of their home country when purchased prior to departure
- Refund of premium for early return
- No charge to cancel a policy due to visa denial
- Family Rates available
- 10 Day Right to Examine